Saturday, December 10, 2005

Early bird gets...a lion and a witch in the wardrobe

Am I crazy or what? I got up at 6 AM on a Saturday morning to go to the Land of Narnia!

It all started a couple of weeks ago when my sister called me one night and asked if I wanted tickets to see the movie Narnia. Cost is $4.50 and showing on Dec. 10 at 8:30 . Cost great, time good, sure.....three, please. A few minutes later she calls back to tell me that it's at 8 not 8:30. Yep, go ahead and get me tickets. It wasn't until I paid and picked up the tickets that I learned it was 8 AM!! Guess what I had for breakfast? Popcorn and M&M's. YUM!!!!

As for the movie, it's pretty good. Not Lord of the Rings quality, but still good. Having read the book years ago, I didn't remember Santa, as in Jolly Ol' St Nick, being in the book. Well, here he was handing out Christmas gifts to three of the children. Weapons of all things. Santa is really a weapons dealer. I found this interesting. The beavers are the best thing in the movie. Seeing a beaver in a suit of armor was priceless.

Need to go take a nap.

1 Comments:

At 1:25 PM, Blogger Vicki C. said...

Well Santa is in the book, page 102 to be exact.
He supplies them with tools needed for the battle. Mr and Mrs Beaver get gifts also.

Been a long time since I read the book, so I thought I would read again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home