Monday, April 28, 2008

ADVENTURES IN PARADISE PART FIVE

ALL PHOTOS ARE COPYRIGHTED!!


APRIL 15





Well, we find ourselves in Key West, the most southern United States town. I call it a town, a very compact town, because there are NO high rises or anything else that even small cities have. It's a very unique and interesting place. There is something missing from the last time I was here as a *wee lass*, the wild parakeets and small parrots. All gone. We're are in Key West today to mainly find the airport as we have a flight to catch tomorrow.



We find the airport. Well, it would be really, really hard to get lost as US1 turning into Truman Ave which runs down the middle of town. The other *major* streets Eaton St., South St., Reynolds St., Flagler St., and Atlantic Blvd. All these streets run into Duval St. called the longest main street in the world running coast to coast, because it runs from the Bayside (the Gulf of Mexico) to the Oceanside (the Atlantic Ocean). So, you would basically just go around the island one more time more time to find the place you want or find a place to park. Parking is a really big problem in Key West. The best thing to do is park in a lot and walk everywhere or rent scooters, little car-like scooters, electric cars or bikes.




We're driving around and people are still gawking at us. I come to realize that it's our car, the black Mustang Shelby GT convertible. It seems that no one has ever seen one of these cars before. Everywhere we go we are turning heads, people commenting on the car, looking inside to see WHO IMPORTANT could possibly be in town. It was really funny. Its just something we will have to get used too. (HEEHEE!) I know, it'll be tough. I should have gone out and bought some fake bling-bling, a wig and other * celebrity cammo*. Well, we were wearing sunglasses. What was funny, there were plenty of convertible Vettes, Jags, Mercedes, Porches and I even saw a Lamborghini.



The airport, like any small town airport, only this small town airport flies to exotic places like The Bahamas, the Caribbean, Haiti, etc. We are there to find the Seaplanes of Key West office. Find it and go in, only to find out that the flight we are inquiring about for tomorrow is today and it left without us and we are now *no shows* and they've been trying to get ahold of us since early this morning........ I look at my paperwork........oh man, it does say APRIL 15, oooopps, today is the 15th. I had left my cell phone back at the cottage because I had failed to charge it up during the night. *I've left 3 messages on your cell phone and two with the desk on Conch Key.* GEEZ! What a screw up!! I don't know how I lost a day. Jet lag, maybe? After paying out close to $500, we missed our flight and could possibly not get our money back and miss the coolest trip on a plane ever. I inquire about getting on a flight the next day. *I'll have to see, but I think we can get you guys on. Call before you start down here in the morning.* With that taking care of it's.......


Time to go see some sights and cruise around Key West, since we are somewhat of an attention getter. Was kinda cool, actually. We head for Whitehead Street.



Part Six will be our sight seeing trip for the 15th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home