Wednesday, December 28, 2005

The Gift That Doesn't Keep On Giving


This was Shasta's first Christmas and I decided to get her a gift. I went to the local pet store and looked at tons of stuff. Do I get something for her to chew on like a pig snooter or a cow ear? How about something *healthy and low in fat* like some peppermint treats? Toys.....geez, there are so many to choose from. Ropes, flying disks, squeeky ones, grunters, and honkers. Just so much to look at. She loves peanut butter, maybe some peanut butter biscuits. Finally, it came down to a reindeer with long legs for pulling and a honking sound. She'll love it.

Christmas day, all excited. She gets her gift and carries it around all day. The legs are good for tug of war games. She's happy and I'm happy. Then, a leg comes off. She starts pulling out the *insides.* It's in the trash now.

Well, two days of fun. All that's left is a leg. Next time I'll get treats!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home