Thursday, December 29, 2005

In A Second

Oh goodie, we get to spend one more second this year with Fathers Time, Clark and Philbin. 2006 will come one second later.

Scientists are going to add a second to 2005 this year to make up for time lost due to Earth's rotation. It all seems a bit complex. This *leap second* will adjust the atomic clocks to be in sync with the heavens. Atomic time has been pulling ahead of astrotonomical time for the past 47 years. I just thought it was me getting older that made time go faster. Silly me!

Now, there is a concern of the *leap second* on cell phones, air traffic control and power grids being effected. It's almost like the big deal with Y2K all over again. We know how that effected our lives. Nothing. It's only a second. What harm can that do?

I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to get my Elvis clock to add a second though. I guess, I'll have to hold his legs for a second.

So, what am I going to do with that extra second? Hmm.....let's see....opps, times up!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home