Monday, February 27, 2006

Goodbye Mr. Fife, Mr. Kolchak and Mr. McCloud



Gosh, in the past three days we have lost three actors. I enjoyed watching all of these men over the years.

Barney Fife aka Don Knotts was the first. I enjoyed his work on The Andy Griffith Show. He made the show funny and without his *Barney* the show would've been just another show. He wrote some of the episodes. He also had a great movie I love, The Incredible Mr. Limpett. I still love watching the old Andy Griffith Show. He was also with Andy on Matlock a few seasons as his bumbling neighbor. My favorite line, *Can I put the bullet in now, Ang?*



Next, we lost The Night Stalker, Kolchak aka Darren McGavin. The Night Stalker wasn't as *sophisacated* as say, Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Kolchak was a bumbling reporter who always got into trouble with the law and the vampires. I liked that show.




Today, the news about McCloud aka Dennis Weaver passing away. I first knew him as Chester on Gunsmoke, the deputy with the lump. He made a perfect companion for Matt Dillion. They had many adventures together. Always getting their man. Then, as McCloud the policeman from New Mexico displaced in New York City. He stuck out like a sore thumb, but he taught those NYPD guys a thing or two about creative police work.


You will all be missed. RIP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home