Tuesday, January 17, 2006

1,481 Miles From Graceland

This past Sunday, I went to the Barrett-Jackson Car Auction in Scottsdale. I knew that Elvis' 1960 Lincoln limo that he got while he was stationed in Germany in the Army was going up for auction, but little did I know that Elvis would be there himself.

I was walking around looking at some vendor shops outside and there he was. I read on Barrett-Jackson's web site (www.barrettjackson.com) that celebrities come to these shows, but who would have guessed ELVIS?

I have never been to one of these auctions. I wanted to go to this one for several reasons:
  • never been
  • cost was $10.00 on Sunday (after that $150.00)
  • Elvis' car was there
  • wanted to see the 1950 GM Furturliner Parade Of Progress Tour Bus (photos of which along with many others from the show posted at www.flickr.com/photos/lizardgal)

I found several cool surprises at the show and took photos, so make sure you check out Flickr for all the photos. One of the surprises was this odd looking deal. I call it *The French Air Man.* It's an 1937 air compressor from France. Notice where the hose is coming out of. There's a close up of him on Flickr.

I put my name in for a drawing to *drive* (static display) 2007 racing Mustang. You got to get in and spin the wheels around. It was loud!!!They did have a oval set up outside where you actually drive. Well, I DIDN'T get picked.....boo....hoo!!

It was worth the 10 bucks just to see Elvis. He did seem a little stiff though. Must have been the long drive to the show.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home