Friday, February 03, 2006

OK.....So, I'm A Survivor Junkie!!


YAHOO!!!!! Survivor is back on and the first episode did not disappoint. I'm glad to see that Jeff is still hosting after the *retirement scare* at the end of last season.

Survivor is the only reality show that is different each year, going further than just changes in contestants. Additions of new twists and challenges keeps this show fresh. It's true a lot of people knock the show's *dog eat dog* attitude, but it does mimic what goes on in every day corporate life, where lying and deceit are the norm for climbing up the ladder.

Whoa, so many changes. Young men vs older men vs young women vs older women vs male vs female. 4 tribes with 4 members each to start out.

Misty was the first to spend a night alone on Exile Island after her team, the younger gals, failed the first challenge. Tina, the *lumber jill* was the first to hear, *The tribe has spoken.* Which I was surprised. I figured that the older gals would've voted off Cirie since she is scared of EVERYTHING including leaves. I can't image her lasting long. She is way, way out of shape and admits to being a *couch potato.*

Seems like the older tribes have more *camping skills,* they set up camp quickly and was organized. The young guys' shelter looked like something a tornado would blow up and they tried making fire in a cooking pot. The young women on the quest for finding a suitable spot to make a shelter looked like they were at the mall shopping.....*Oh....this place looks cute. Look at that.* They spent the night without shelter or fire. I didn't see any tribe eating, but the older gals, Tina found a fish on the shore and Misty alone on Exile Island ate at least one teeny worm.

Will see how far Nick from Tempe goes. It's too early for me to start to *root* for anyone to win. Cirie did outwit Tina on the first go around.

The immunity idol is kind of odd. Looks like three coconut heads on a stick.

So.....who will......outwit, outplay and outlast on Exile Island?




2 Comments:

At 11:26 AM, Blogger RC said...

I think Bruce is going to at least make some distance...he's who I predicted on my own blog.

I guess you're right, I didn't think of Cirie outwitting Tina...just sort of thought she was lucky.

From one junkie to another...great post.

--RC of strangeculture.blogspot.com

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger shell said...

Thanks RC for stopping by and sharing your thoughts. I'm going to try to post something for Survivor every week.
I posted a *comment* on your blog at your Survivor post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home